söndag 1 maj 2011

7. Feel-Good Stuff and Massage

Thanks to Danny I really have a great time recovering. In the morning she helps me out of bed (and I really recommend you to sleep on the sofa the first few days or in a bed which is not too soft!), she prepares breakfast and other meals and supplies me with tea and sweets (which I don't want to eat due to the fact that I can't work out and I don't wanna role home ;) )

Here some feel-good food that really helps you to get back on your feet.

1. WATER: drink a lot, don't forget that you take lots of meds and it'll help you liver and kidneys to detox and get rid of the toxics. Well, and it obviously helps your body to heal faster. Avoid alcohol, sugary drinks and juice that is not natural so freshly pressed juice without additional sugar is better.

2. Fruits and veggies: I love Avocados! They are even supposed to boost you immune system.


First things my "breast-neighbor" Ulrika and I got after surgery was: some apple slices, half a banana, a yoghurt and water. Later that evening we could even get coffee, tea, juice, sandwiches and other fruits but I couldn't really eat that much. Well, my appetite came back after I'd puked. As I already said: you have to move to get your circulation going after surgery. It even makes you feel better the next day.


Today's dinner: potato-califlower soufflé and tex-mex filled peppers. 


Desert: curd cheese with chocolate chips and a truffle, DELISH!



Massage 

Now about massaging your breasts after surgery (second day for my part). I have to do it three times a day and I wait until my meds have kicked in because after getting out of bed they hurt and you really don't want to press and push around there.

One thing I don't really like is the picture I got from Anders. Looks like the girl's breast haven't gone through recent surgery so it looks much easier for her to do the "exercises" but I find it hard, especially the part were you have to pull up the skin over your nipple and then press down your breast muscle. Almost feels as if your scar is going to burst so I rather take it slow. But I have to admit that it works and today is only day 3 after surgery. My breast don't feel as sore, firm and tight as they did yesterday.




Do you have any suggestions about this topic?

4 kommentarer:

  1. I hope you are feeling better now. The aftermath of any surgery can be a real pain, but there are ways to ease the discomfort of breast augmentation surgery. Depending on the patient’s needs, the doctor might recommend the patient to wear a sports bra, a postoperative bra, or a compression bandage to provide extra support during the healing process.


    (Geoffrey Lelia)

    SvaraRadera
  2. Breast massages and exercises are important for patients who have undergone breast augmentation. The purpose of these exercises is to help decrease the risks of capsular contracture or scar tissue around the implant. Gently move the implant up, down, to the right, and to the left. Hold your implant in each position for a few seconds. You can also ask your surgeon for specific exercises you can do without causing any pain or damage to the implant. Good luck on your recovery!

    (Elnora Chamorro)

    SvaraRadera
  3. Faithfully sticking to a balanced diet and following the steps in the massage will surely help you to recover pretty fast. Yep, walking short distances can also make you feel better, and this avoids bed sores as well. I like avocado, too! It's nice to hear that you have recovered well from the operation.Faithfully sticking to a balanced diet and following the steps in the massage will surely help you to recover pretty fast. Yep, walking short distances can also make you feel better, and this avoids bed sores as well. I like avocado, too! It's nice to hear that you have recovered well from the operation.

    -Jacinto Hukle

    SvaraRadera
  4. Massaging helps the implant settle into a more natural looking position. This is advisable in the post surgery period. However, you should ask your doctor regarding this. Keep in mind that it only aides with the positioning, and has nothing to do with further enhancement.

    Terry Bayer

    SvaraRadera